This report aims to highlight the key trends that Ovum expects to have the biggest impact on the application and systems integration services space in 2019, as enterprises increasingly rely on systems integrators to address the challenges of a complex technology landscape.
- Data-driven integration will become prominent as the enterprise, flooded with more data from connected devices and platforms, looks at ways to leverage data and insights for more accurate decision-making.
- SIs will need to find an equilibrium between the growing trend to standardize systems, processes, and platforms and the increasing demand for personalized experiences.
- The proliferation of cloud-based models is rapidly eroding traditional, project-based revenue streams with fixed terms and conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates some of the major factors that will impact the evolution of the systems integration space over the coming year.
- Identifies three key developments that will alter how the systems integration market works and how vendors define and deliver their services.
Key questions answered
- What are the major trends impacting the systems integration market in 2019?
- What can systems integrators do to evolve their offerings and go-to-market models to remain relevant in a changing marketplace?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Data-driven integration will become the cornerstone of the connected enterprise
Enabling data-driven "nirvana" requires a different approach to systems integration
SIs will need to maintain a balance between customization and standardization
The need to find a stable middle ground will be one of the top priorities for 2019
New engagement models will evolve to cater to changing client needs
Market and technology trends are putting pressure on SIs to change their engagement models