The take up of smart devices will continue to grow throughout 2019, but capitalizing on that growth remains a conundrum for service providers.
- Smart speakers will push home automation into new households.
- Vendors will increase product and pricing innovation.
- Service providers will work with partners to expand outside of their core expertise.
Features and Benefits
- Reveals four key trends that will shape the smart home market in 2019.
- Provides strategic recommendations for service providers and equipment vendors.
Key questions answered
- What are going to be the key trends in smart home in 2019?
- What will change in the service provider market around smart home?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for technology vendors
Smart speakers will become the central smart home device
Smart speakers will lead the smart home device category
Smart speakers increasingly will not mean smart home
Smart speakers will focus on becoming more useful
Vendors will increase levels of innovation
Unmet demand for smart home remains high
Greater innovation in design and pricing is required
Service providers will expand their smart home portfolio
Telcos will start to step outside of their comfort zone
A greater focus on smart home devices
Vendors will move beyond just selling devices
Vendors will increase their service offerings