In 2019 service management will become a more important element of delivering an as-a-service approach using cloud computing.
- Many consider service management as nothing more than ITIL process management, but the truth is quite different. Service management, as its name implies, is about delivering services to customers/consumers/users in a way that is both efficient and effective.
- New technologies and trends, including mobility, AI, and GDPR, will have an impact on ITSM into 2019 and beyond.
Features and Benefits
- Discusses how and why enterprise service management is becoming a reality for many organizations.
- Learn why new technologies will shape how service management will be delivered, with organizational structures, roles, and responsibilities all being Impacted.
Key questions answered
- How will enterprise service management help organizations deliver against digital initiatives?
- What impact is mobility having on service management?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors and service providers
Enterprise service management is becoming a reality for many organizations
ESM can help organizations deliver against digital initiatives
Businesses view ESM as an important strategic opportunity
New technologies will shape how service management will be delivered
The digital technologies businesses are deploying
As technology evolves so will the role of IT operations
AI and machine learning will have a greater impact on how service management will be delivered
The value of AI to service management goes beyond just virtual assistants
Supporting a more mobile and flexible workforce
Mobilizing workflows through strong integration between ITSM and UEM
Service management must help IT departments become more focused on business outcomes
Where cloud and cloud-native meet DevOps
The extension of ITSM solutions into the functional domains of other market segments
GDPR is an ongoing opportunity for ITSM solutions to migrate outside the IT domain