Scale will be the defining theme in 2019. Telcos, media firms, and other consumer TMT companies will need to make tough decisions about how and where they can scale up and compete and where they need to partner or coexist.
- Revenues from consumer TMT services will grow by 3.8% to pass a massive $1.9tn in 2019. Digital services will account for 26% of total revenues and 55% of revenue growth, with US-based tech giants capturing the majority.
Features and Benefits
- Understand the issues that will define and shape the consumer TMT landscape
- Discover how establised telecoms and media firms will react and how successful their efforts will be
- Identify the consumer technologies and services that will cause the most disruption
Key questions answered
- Where will Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google (FAANG) turn their attentions?
- How will established telecoms and media companies address the challenge of FAANG?
- Which emerging technologies and services will present the greatest opportunities and challenges?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for content providers
Recommendations for technology vendors
Supersizing won't be limited to FAANG
Big media will bite back at the tech giants
Fragmentation means scaling up won't be straightforward
The emergence of instant-scale technologies
Realizing the potential of billions of smart devices already in use
Key focus areas in 2019: Connected TVs, AR, and visual AI
5G: Sowing the seeds of longer-term change
5G's biggest impact will be on broadband and content bundling
Video and 5G: build, buy, or partner?
The shadow of e-commerce will loom larger
Amazon will drive the convergence of advertising and e‑commerce
Advertising will become more "shoppable" in new and compelling ways