The most pronounced AI impacts on consumer services in 2019 will be via incremental improvements to the voice interface, advances in visual computing, and significant developments in the TV domain.
- AI-aware consumers are already looking to AI benefits and use cases beyond AI assistants. We expect this to translate into a wider range of AI services in 2019 and beyond, with assisted living, health, and security being priority areas.
- Machine learning and deep neural networks are driving advances in the voice interface that will eventually allow machines to conduct natural, human-sounding conversations.
- AI-capable TVs will be a bigger opportunity than smart speakers and will become the new battleground for large tech companies such as Amazon and Google.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the key AI trends that will affect consumer services over the next 12 months.
- Discover the trends in AI impacting the voice interface, visual computing, and TV services.
- Learn about next-wave use cases beyond digital assistants.
Key questions answered
- What will be the biggest trends in consumer AI in 2019?
- What major technology developments will shape consumer AI in 2019?
- What new use cases will emerge? Are there any issues to prepare for?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for technology vendors
AI means more than assistants for savvy consumers
AI-aware consumers are anticipating multiple use cases
Consumer concerns over AI must be addressed
Incremental enhancements to the voice interface
Big changes are on the way but 2019 will be about practical improvements
Ensure improvements are meaningful and plan now for more advanced developments
Visual AI looks to opportunities beyond search
A wider range of visual computing use cases is emerging
Give partners the tools they need to make visual AI flourish
AI will transform TV UI
AI-capable TVs will be bigger than smart speakers
Google and Amazon will use AI to differentiate in TV