This report presents our annual review of major trends that will impact the wholesale market in the coming year, together with a look back at some of the trends we identified in previous editions.
- Highlights three key trends that will present wholesalers with important challenges and opportunities in 2018 and beyond, and reviews the impact of a number of trends identified in previous Wholesale Trends to Watch reports.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies three trends that will significantly impact the wholesale market during 2018.
- Reviews the impact of a number of trends identified in previous Wholesale Trends to Watch reports.
- Recommends the actions wholesalers should take to prepare for and respond to these market developments.
Key questions answered
- What major market trends are going to impact telecoms wholesalers during 2018?
- What actions must wholesalers take to benefit from the opportunities presented by changes in the market?
Table of contents
Recommendations for wholesalers
The evolution of Wholesale Trends to Watch
Wholesale market trends identified for 2017
The pace of change has accelerated
Be prepared as the 5G buzz turns into a roar
Talk turns to action
Wholesale opportunities from 5G
Wholesale differentiation will be increasingly dependent on innovation and partnerships
Innovation defends against commoditization
No wholesaler is an island
Drivers for new international cable systems are changing
Keeping up with the growth in demand
Latency and end-to-end connectivity