After three tough years for Latin America, with economic crises affecting many of the region's economies, the sector is focused on improving profitability, increasing initiatives to upsell prepaid customers to postpaid plans, and monetizing new technologies, such as Internet of Things.
- High-value postpaid customers are becoming even more valuable. Operators must focus on subscriber-retention strategies. Next-generation bundles and family plans will play a key role, as will new digital services.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the main topics affecting the telecoms sector in Latin America for 2018.
- Evaluates opportunities for vendors and operators in the region.
Key questions answered
- What are the main regulatory impacts on the sector in 2018?
- How are Latin American operators preparing for 5G?
Table of contents
Regulatory uncertainty may hinder development in key markets
Long-lasting impact on investment decisions
As with other new technologies, Latin America will be a follower in 5G
Preparation without urgency
High-value postpaid customers are even more valuable
Focusing on subscriber-retention strategies via next-generation bundles and family plans