Based on interviews with more than 6,300 senior IT executives, Ovum’s ICT Enterprise Insights program answers key questions concerning enterprises’ needs at a country and industry level. This brief focuses on the top findings for cloud computing.
- Ovum’s ICT Enterprise Insights survey discovered that while cloud is now being used for more core business applications, its value proposition is being more closely scrutinized.
Features and Benefits
- Understand why cloud spending is increasing overall, but differs by region and company size.
- Learn why vertical markets are moving workloads to the cloud at different rates.
Key questions answered
- What are the key trends in cloud adoption in 2018?
- What will the cloud market look like in 2018?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for cloud providers and vendors
Cloud spending is increasing, but differs by region and company size
Servers and storage remain the largest spend category in the infrastructure budget
North America sees backup and DR as the biggest growth opportunity for cloud
Europe focuses on security and data protection in the cloud in 2018
Asia-Pacific looks to storage services as the top cloud service in 2018
Vertical markets are adopting cloud workloads at different rates, driven by business imperatives
Government lags behind other verticals when it comes to cloud migration
The cloud provider market is becoming multilayered
AWS remains the dominant cloud provider
Ovum's ICT Enterprise Insights Program
IT and communications insight by line of business